As the founding member of the firm, Ira A. Levy has been practicing law for over fifty years. He concentrates his practice in the area of corporate law, including business formation, mergers and acquisitions, and contract preparation. He also handles commercial real estate transactions involving the purchase, sale, lease and development of large multifamily, retail and commercial premises. Mr. Levy also serves as an Assistant Commissioner for the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). In that capacity, he is authorized to represent the interests of HUD in connection with foreclosure proceedings throughout New Jersey. Mr. Levy also represents individuals involved in substantial and complex divorce matters.
Mr. Levy holds an advanced L.L.M. degree in taxation and provides legal counsel on a wide variety of tax related issues. He is a former chairman of the Essex County Bar Association Tax Committee and has lectured on various tax topics.
Mr. Levy is a graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles. He earned his Juris Doctor degree from Rutgers University School of Law, where he served as Coordinating Editor of the Rutgers University Law Review. Mr. Levy received his L.L.M. in taxation from New York University School of Law. He also served as a Judge Advocate in the United States Air Force.
Year Founded Firm
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey, 1955
- New York, 1974
- District of Columbia, 1953
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1960
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, 1960
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1960
- U.S. Tax Court, 1965
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law - Newark, Newark, New Jersey
- Law Review: Rutgers University Law Review, Coordinating Editor, 1951 - 1952
- University of California, Los Angeles, California
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Essex County Bar Association