Bruce E. Gudin, currently counsel to the New Jersey Property Owners Association (http://www.poanj.org/), was admitted to practice law in 1989 after graduating from Yeshiva University's Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law. Mr. Gudin attended undergraduate at Farleigh Dickinson University in Teaneck, New Jersey and C.W. Post in Long Island, NY where he received his B.S. Degree Magna Cum Laude in business. While attending C.W. Post he was awarded the Wall Street Journal Award for outstanding academic performance.
Since graduating law school Mr. Gudin has been a frequent lecturer on the subjects of Debtor and Creditor Law, Credit and Collections Risk Analysis, Landlord/Tenant Law, Residential and Commercial Evictions in New Jersey, Commercial Leasing Considerations, and on Section 8 Housing in New Jersey. He regularly lectures for the National Business Institute (http://www.nbi-sems.com/) as well as Lorman Education Services (http://www.lorman.com/training/406974TMX?p=19307). He has also presented seminars on Landlord and Tenant matters to the New Jersey Institute For Continuing Legal Education (http://www.njicle.com/).
Get to know Attorney Gudin through his Super Lawyers Profile.
Attorney Bruce E. Gudin, is the co-author of The Guide to Landlord-Tenant and Related Actions in the Superior Court of New Jersey. The publication is considered to be a leading landlord and tenant law treatise relied upon by both judges and practitioners throughout the New Jersey courts. Our extensive knowledge of the law is actively pursued by clients and is often sought out to help instruct our peers and colleagues.
We are one of the highest volume filers of landlord/tenant eviction cases in New Jersey. Rest assured that high volume does not mean undedicated or uncommitted representation in your legal matters. Your best interests are the priority at our firm, and our clients have come to expect creative and unique solutions to their landlord/tenant matters.
Mr. Gudin is also an active member of the New Jersey Apartment Association (http://www.njaa.com/) where he regularly consults on legislative issues affecting the multi-family housing industry.
Areas of Practice
- Collections & Repossessions
- Commercial Leasing
- Business & Commercial Law
- Real Estate Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- Municipal Court
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New Jersey, 1989
- New York, 1990
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1989
- Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, New York
- Long Island University C.W. Post College, Brookville, New York
- B.S. (Magna Cum Laude) - 1986
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, Hackensack, New Jersey
- Residential & Commercial Evictions in New Jersey, National Business Institute, (1996-2007)
- Evictions & Landlord/Tenant Law in New Jersey, Lorman Education Services, (2000-2007)
- How to Get Results in Collection of Delinquent Debts in New Jersey, National Business Institute, 1997
- Handling Commercial Evictions, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE), 2002
- Evictions & Landlord/Tenant Law in New Jersey, Lorman Education Services, 2000 - Present
- Handling Commercial Evictions, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education (ICLE), 2002 - Present
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Wall Street Journal Award
- Super Lawyers 2012-2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Commercial Law League of America, Member
- New Jersey Apartment Association, Member
- Property Owners Association, Member
- Lions Club International, Member